View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
nremi
nremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheesenremi can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
[Android App] Eternal CC sync wait with large files.

I'm staring at a "Syncing with calibre" [sic] dialog box that lacks a 'cancel' button as CC 2.1 is sending a very large PDF [100MB] that it discovered locally to Calibre... and failing, and repeating this process when it fails to get beyond about five percent of the file. Just now, many minutes later, it has finished up its three item process, but I wish I could have canceled the operation, without killing CC altogether, several minutes ago.

So, in addition to my previous request about auto-deleting News feeds (which is vexing to do manually), I'd like to add this, a mid-process "Cancel Sync" option. Other than these things, I'm finding everything great, and I offer appreciation for the help and improvements that you've given. Thanks.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. As I was resending the file through Calibre to the device [after I'd messed with the metadata in Calibre and deleted the file on my device, so that it would redo everything], I found that it took much longer than expected (again, something like five minutes for 100MB) What might cause such slow throughputs for this, and how might this be improved? It was only the one file that was being transferred, so it is not clear to me why it wouldn't be completed in less than a minute.

Last edited by nremi; 09-16-2012 at 03:46 PM.
nremi is offline   Reply With Quote