View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 04:26 AM   #185
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Finished re-listening to In the Garden of Iden by Kage Baker, the first book in the Company series. I always like to revisit botanist Mendoza and her father-mentor Joseph, one of the oldest cyborgs in the series.

This was my fourth visit to the book (two times read, two times listened to), and the more often I read it, the more often I come to the conclusion that Nicholas Harpole is a real prick.

Spoiler:
Way too intelligent for his time (and for a reason), and not in the least as funny as his third incarnation centuries later.

Loved the setting in Elizabethan England as much as ever, as well as the cyborgs struggling with some situations where they have to hide their future technology from the contemporary mortals.

I can't recommend this highly enough.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote