View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
Marcels
Marcels began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I’ve only had my Kobo for 1 day, I can return it. To be honest this was my second Kobo, the first one had a fault battery, I only had that one for a day as well. What about those people that are unable to return their Kobo due to having it over the store returns date?

Either I'm very unlucky or there are some big issues with the Kobo that need to be addressed. I've spent hours online looking for solutions and have spoken the Kobo support and Whitcoulls support, now I’m trying this forum. All have the same answer, return it.

I've owed a PSP, PS3 iPod, Xbox and numerous IT hardware and I've never bricked a device, even when using custom firmware’s. It’s good to see so many have had success with the 1.4 upgrade, but what about the next upgrade, what do you do if that one fails?

It should not be possible to brick a device using the official firmware, to me this is a flaw and a huge risk, where are the warnings during the installation that this can happen, if they are there I didn't notice them? Kobo needs to have an end user solution to resolve failed updates. Having to go in store and use a SD card is not a consumer friendly solution. The desktop app needs to backup or have a rollback option.

So my new question is do I walk away from this or try for 3rd time lucky???
Marcels is offline   Reply With Quote