View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 04:26 PM   #74
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
I find the threshold for advertising to be very interesting. My threshold on the web is moderate - but when sound/video/'flash' distract me from the main content, the website or the ads vanish; I either stop going to that site or I turn on adblocker for that site.
My adblocker is defaulted to on for all sites.

Quote:
For TV, I'm now so used to watching shows without commercials via DVD sets, some streaming, pvr, etc, that I can't be bothered to watch them 'live' on TV, even when the opportunity arises.
I love Tivo's 30-second skip button. The only time I end up watching the commercials is when I forget to hit the button.

Quote:
Movies in the theater, well, it's hard to escape the commercials at the beginning unless you risk arriving late.
What's a movie theater?

Most of the time I'm watching a movie in the home theater, and skip over the previews on the DVD.

Quote:
Radio, though, is different for me. Bar the really loud ads, I don't channel flip etc. I'm one of the few people I know who doesn't change the station the second an ad comes on. So in this instance, my threshold is higher than others.
The majority of the time I'm listening to radio is when I'm driving, so I don't skip channels either. But mostly because I'm trying to pay more attention to driving than messing around with the radio. I pretty much put it on a station and just leave it there (unless I've listening to my MP3 player in the car).
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote