View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #32
Zzyzx
Enthusiast
Zzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Opus, Odyssey Frontlight, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
Because when a US publisher buys the right to publish a book, they might only have the right to sell it "in the US." Other publishers bought the rights to sell that book in other countries. I honestly have no idea how Amazon works in other countries, that's why I ask. When you log in to Amazon.com (is that what you do?), you can see all the books, or only the ones available to you?

eP
I don't know if we can see all of them. I log in with my Norwegian account (on Amazon.com) so I would guess that I can only see the ones I can actually buy. This is generally not a big problem, though. One example of books where I know that a Norwegian publisher has the right to sell them in Norway, is A Song of Ice and Fire, which are available to me from Amazon. Obviously, the Norwegian publisher does not have exclusive rights in Norway.

I have not yet wanted to buy a book that Amazon will not deliver to my Kindle.

Norwegian publishers don't really sell or even care about e-books, though. That may be why there are so few restrictions on Amazon.
Zzyzx is offline   Reply With Quote