View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 04:48 AM   #172
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by engnrd View Post
Yay, yay, yay, I got this working on my Paper White! Thank you, ixtab!

My only confusion when installing came from this quote:

which made me think I would need to figure out how SSH works again. I haven't used it since college, and I remember... nothing. Is usbnetworking still needed for this? Once I actually unpacked the developer certificates zip and read the read me and found out it was packaged as just an update .bin file, things got a lot simpler. I have usbnetworking installed now, and everything is working, and I was probably better off reading all the extra stuff anyways, I'm just curious if things had changed during development to make it no longer necessary?
At the time that I posted that it was indeed necessary to install those things by hand, because the installers weren't repackaged to support the PW yet. Now everything is available as installers, so you don't strictly need the usbnet anymore - though it's always a good idea to have it, if only because it allows full access to the device, and allows to do all sorts of interesting things.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote