View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
Anyone using a VNC client on their iOS Device to access Windows apps?

I am not thrilled with the slate market right now and really could use a decent slate PC. I've tried the iPad and it's not that bad at all but unfortunately I need some Windows apps. Since there is really no way to run any sort of emulator on an iPad or Touch I am thinking with the iPad 2's increase horsepower it might be able to run a VNC Client at a reasonable speed to give me the access I want on the slate.

Of course concerns are if the VNC client passes taps as mouse clicks, etc. And of course speed is first or second on the importance scale. I can run apps via VNC on my old PDAs just fine but the screen size is just a killer. I've been bummed that only Asus seems to have made a Win7 device. I don't know why it never dawned on me that the new iPad 2 might finally have the speed needed. I'm not going to be doing graphics intensive stuff, just some essentially database apps that would actually be just fine as a DOS app.

Any input form someone who is ACTUALLY DOING THIS not has a friend of a friend of a buddy's sisters girlfriend's 8th cousin that lives over the piano bar in Podunk BF, Nowhere heard that someone she knew had tried it. Actually anyone with experience even trying this would help out a great deal.

There is some info out there on the web but I've read this site for so long I thought I would ax here rather than some site dedicated to iOS devices.

Remember it's a VNC not a VPN I am looking at as the solution, potentially anyway.

thanks!
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote