View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 11:04 AM   #40
angelyne
Connoisseur
angelyne is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
It's a nice gesture and you deserve it tenfold. Html2lrf is superior to Book Designer, although the latter still has its uses.

I had to teach myself to work with HTML in order to get the results I wanted, but it was worth it. It gives a result that is professional looking and very close to the original format. As good or better than the books you can buy from the Connect Store. Of course your results will depend on your source material. If it looks bad in html, it will look bad as a lrf. That's where learning html comes in.

I still use BD for mostly text based source material as it has a few tools that makes quick work out of creating a book. The way you can quickly edit chapter headings and sub headings and create a TOC automatically is very useful.

So it's good to know both methods and choose the one that works best with your source material.

However, I do prefer html2lrf by far. Oh and thank you for making that change I requested Kovidgoyal. I asked for the ability to create drop cases using paragraph styles. It works BEAUTIFULLY.

My next step is to learn more advanced HTML so that I can use it to create html books from rtf or non formatted material. I suspect there are probably ways to automate the process using templates and style sheets and the like, but I haven't progressed that far yet.

Oh and Muskrat, you can uncheck the driver installation part when installing this software if all you want to use are the command line conversion tools

Last edited by angelyne; 09-06-2007 at 11:06 AM.
angelyne is offline   Reply With Quote