View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #84
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Because the temptation will be too great for most people. "I haven't finished this book. Where's the harm if I keep it just a few days longer..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
And yes, I admit, I have kept a book longer than the 3 weeks my library normally limits to on one occasion. But only for an additional couple of days.
You've just illustrated the cause of my concern about this. I know that you're one of the "good guys" here, but even you just find it too tempting and think "where's the harm in just keeping it a few days longer...". What is an ebook novice likely to do? I think I'd do the same myself - it's just too much of a temptation.

I really wish that library books had a fundamentally different form of DRM, so that the "tools" we all know and love could not remove their DRM, in the same way they won't remove Amazon's "rental" DRM.

That's why I'm so dead set against stripping library DRM, and the reason that I keep an ePub reader in addition to my Kindle.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote