View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 04:16 AM   #20
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
I actually read this. Impulse late night ebook purchase. Ugh. Hilariously bad, imo. Didn't even learn much useful about survival.

If it hasn't been mentioned, The Forever War is a worthy consideration. (Joe Haldeman)
patriots is the troll 2/birdemic of dystopian literature. strip any technical merit out of the turner diaries and you're left with patriots.

unless i'm thinking of another book isn't patriots the one with the baby-eating liberals? (i only made it through like 5%).

The Plague Years by Jeff Carlson is pretty cool. nano-machines have swarmed the earth and the remnants of humanity scrape survival from cold mountaintops.

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess is an absolute classic.

The World Inside by Robert Silverberg-"Welcome to Urban Monad 116. Reaching nearly two miles into the sky, the one thousand stories of this building are home to over eight hundred thousand people living in peace and harmony. In the year 2381 with a world population of over seventy-five billion souls, the massive Urbmon system is humanity’s salvation.

Life in Urbmon 116 is highly regulated, life is cherished, and the culture of procreation is seen as the highest pinnacle of god’s plan. Conflict is abhorred, and any who disturb the peace face harsh punishment—even being sent “down the chute” to be recycled as fertilizer."
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote