View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #13
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
It is a bit of a slow app for sure. I'm liking it, though. I like the mix of story and video. Even the ads have been on the "cool" side. What I like about The Daily is that it's bringing me back into the world of general news. It's more like a magazine than a web site.

If I do subscribe, and I might, part of my motivation will be to encourage MORE such apps.

It is missing a tech section, but Flipboard with my Google Reader rss feeds does a terrific job of the tech news anyway. I like the daily precisely because it's not bringing me exactly the news I'm looking for. RSS feeds are great for that. But in a way, I get disconnected from the world as I don't watch the evening news on tv, don't read the newspaper, and my RSS feeds are all tech.

I like the quality of the stories much better than on USA Today, which allegedly isn't going to be free forever. And I like it a lot better than reading web based news sites. I just do.

$1 a week is priced right too.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote