View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
Fidney
Enthusiast
Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10th Gen), Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen)
Chapter Break Image Problem

Hello Folks,

I have a .mobi format book on my Kindle, that I had converted in Calibre from an epub.

At the head of every chapter there is a graphic that is about half the width of the page and is centre justified, and then under that a chapter title.

In Calibre everything looks fine, as it does on my Kindle as long as I've used only the page forwards and page backwards buttons, but if I use either chapter forwards or chapter backwards the graphic becomes left justified (the chapter title remains centre justified) - and this effects all chapters in the book. If I page forward to the next chapter the graphic is left justified too, etc. etc.

I can correct it only by paging backwards from the first page of the chapter and then paging forwards again, and this then seems to correct the graphic for all the chapters, as long as they are only reached by paging forwards or backwards one page at a time.

As soon as I use button to jump forwards to the next chapter, or backwards to the previous chapter, the graphic shows as wrongly left justified again.

I don't know if it was an error in conversion from the epub, and I can't try again as I deleted the epub version when it converted. I've tried reconverting mobi to mobi but it has made no difference.

I'm new to Calibre and I'm not confident experimenting with the settings as I'm worried I'll end up completely ruining the book.

Has anyone any ideas how I can correct this?

Many thanks in advance.
Fidney is offline   Reply With Quote