View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 01:08 AM   #7
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
If you have loaded the March, with cool reader, then go back to December's f/w, does the TTS return, and does the Coolreader stay.

In otherwords, does each f/w download the entire section even if it does not change, or does it leave that section out of the next download?

I REALLY want my TTS back, but I also like the new cool reader software. I want both. Is it possible?

AJ
Unfortunately no. Going from March firmware to December leaves you with exactly Decembers firmware, no trace of March at all. All firmwares are inclusive, meaning it will wipe the entire boot partition of the PP and reinstall the entire firmware.

I would not be at all surprised if TTS comes back in the next firmware. Perhaps it was taken out as an interim measure while the new version of Coolreader was implemented and associated bugs removed.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote