View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
totsubo
totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Unfortunately, I cannot help you with that, because my old K3 doesn't have the Index feature, but AFAIK, it's not possible to display both the Kanji and the Furigana in the index unless you add "頭 【あたま】" as a dummy headword or a dummy inflection, and you'd probably end up with both "頭" and "頭 【あたま】" in the Index list.
I'm attaching some screenshots from the Kindle's free Japanese/Japanese dictionary. I did an index search for 頭 and it only shows one index entry for 頭【あたま】.

I can't figure out how they did it. I decompiled the dictionary and I can see that they use <idx:orth value=""> but I can't tell what the value is ... it looks like a pointer into the index file. I even opened up an index file in a hex editor, but it's unreadable.

Code:

<idx:entry>
  <idx:orth value="^C"A">
</idx:entry>
<b>あたま</b>【頭】<br/> <b>1</b> 動物の体の上 ...
Attached are screenshots of the index entry and the dictionary entry for 頭.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Index entry.png
Views:	626
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	102261   Click image for larger version

Name:	Entry.png
Views:	527
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	102262  

Last edited by totsubo; 03-03-2013 at 08:03 AM.
totsubo is offline   Reply With Quote