View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_a_sparks View Post
I am think of getting a second hand kindle that I can convert into a digital sign
where I can put:

* rss feeds
* news of the day
* local weather forecast
* my calendar

the closest idea I've seen is http://www.cemetech.net/projects/item.php?id=39

I am wondering if anybody has done anything like what I am think?
Not that I know of... Looks cool though... You could run this over WiFi instead of USB if you wanted to as well...

Maybe a kindlet for the base application? or it could be a native application, depending on your skills... geekmaster and others here have gotten video piped to the eink display... Displaying it wouldn't be hard, just actually writing the program...

What kindle model are you planning to use?

Last edited by qlob; 10-08-2012 at 01:25 PM.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote