View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #299
asnider123
Connoisseur
asnider123 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge Golden-Allmine-Ermine-rc3
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbsk8r View Post
Hi all - not sure if this is in the right place but I followed the "update your PE" with the Golden Allmine download (+ the gapps) and nothing happened after holding down the Menu and Rotate keys - the reader just booted up normally.

I waited to see if it would go into the update mode after about 5 minutes but it just booted up to the normal screens. I repeated the process at least 3 times.

One thought - could the fact that I switched screens - reader to the right-hand side (easier for me to read this way) but this seems innocent enough.

Any help would be appreciated as I've done this a ton of times with my Pandigital reader. Thanks.
Dont know, it worked fine for me. I placed the update.zip and gapps.zip both in the root of my sdcard. I did notice I held the 2 buttons down until it actually said "updating ..." .. we performed it on 2 PE's, both with success. KKept holding down for one, two, three, four dots, then it finally updated, seemed like a long time. You need to put your PE on a firm surface to make sure both buttons are pushed down.
asnider123 is offline   Reply With Quote