View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 04:21 PM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Are you a Short Story Reader? What's your favorite story?

I love short stories, novellas etc. and always have. I always buy the Best American Short Storeis of XXXX every year and the O'Henry Winners anthology and am a sucker for short story anthologies even when they are mostly duplicates of stories I already have. I also love single author short story collections. Thought I'd start this thread to let everyone know what your favorite(s) are. If you are like me you may find it difficult to pick just one so feel free to list one or several nobody's going to anti-karma ya if you do.

I think my current favorite is "Wild Horses" by Rick Bass

my all time SF Favorite is "Frost and Fire" by Ray Bradbury
"Letter from the Clearys" by Connie Willis

Of course I love some of Hemingway - "The End of Something", "Hills like White Elephants", "A Clean Well-Lighted Place"

and T. C Boyle - "Modern Love"

I could probably go on and on, but that's already more than one!

What's your favorite? I'd love to read it.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote