View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 03:00 PM   #3
Bert
Enthusiast
Bert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with others

Device: iRex iLiad, PRS-600
Lightbulb

Hi all,

After some more experimenting, I found the solution myself.
To add a directory description (and/or an icon), without showing the manifest.xml, do the following:
- move the content from the directory_with_description to a subdirectory inside the directory (ex: to dir_with_descr/content_dir/)
- add following manifest.xml to the directory_with_description (ex: in dir_with_descr/manifest.xml)
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<package>
	<dc-metadata>
		<Title>Title of the Directory</Title>
		<Description>Description of the Directory</Description>
		<Date>2007-01-01T00:00:00</Date>
	</dc-metadata>
	<y-metadata>
		<image/>
		<version>000</version>
	</y-metadata>
	</metadata>
	<directory>
		<content>content_dir</content>
	</directory> 
</package>
So to sum it up, the directory structure should be:
Code:
	- dir_with_descr
		+ manifest.xml
		+ content_dir
			+ file1.pdf
			+ file2.pdf
When I tried this, I expected that it would be impossible to leave the subdir once you entered it, because when you go up one directory, you would be redirected to the subdir - I thought. But it seems the iRex people thought of that too ... because it works fine!

Another tiny tip: If you want to enter a description with two lines, just use the xml line feed ( &#10; ) or carriage return ( &#13; ).

Cheers,
Bert
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote