View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #188
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post
Man... this is tearing me apart.
Now I get my hopes up again.

We definitely need the Kobo guy from the start of the thread to clear things up about the dictionaries.
Out of curiosity I just checked the list near the start of the GetSatisfaction thread mentioned above. I was using the "enter a word" lookup method, so it didn't like plurals - it didn't like eclipses, but would find eclipse - but all of the words listed are now found in the dictionary. On the plurals, I think it behaves differently when looking up a word you highlight vs a word you type in -- I tried highlight on "riverboats" since that was on the page of the book I'm currently reading and it did bring up definition for riverboat. I just checked it in the manual typed in word lookup method and it finds riverboat but not riverboats (understandable, since if you are entering it they really don't need to be checking if you are using the plural -- it gives you a list of suggested possible words based on letters you've entered so far).
So the current dictionary is likely not as useless as that thread would have you believe. Since the firmware on the Glo will be based off the current (albeit likely a new version thereof) it would be fairly safe to assume the dictionaries in it will be the same/similar/better.
Realize that thread was started 10 months ago and things have changed a lot in that time in regards to the firmware.

Last edited by robko; 09-20-2012 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Added timeframe of when GetSatisfaction thread was started
robko is offline   Reply With Quote