View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 04:57 AM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Talking My iPad 3 just arrived!

9:55 am CET (Germany).
Just unboxing it...

Sorry for the glare of the pics. I didn't have the patience to find a better spot for taking the photos...

So far: Why didn't those fools add any Hi-Res pictures?
I want to see the Retina-quality...
For now, I don't see any difference to, let's say, Samsung Galaxy Note.

I've downloaded a Hi-Res (1920 x 1440) pic from "Ice Age". Hard to tell in a photo, but the display quality certainly is nice of course. But from first impressions, it's absolutely no "quantum leap".

HansTWN gave me the tip, to test the Kindle app. As you can see from the description in the Kindle app, it's "optimized for the new iPad retina display".
It's impossible to tell form these (admittedly not very good) snapshots: Obviously, there's no visible pixels of course. Personally, I wouldn't have any problems at all, using iPad 3 as a reader (don't have problems with my "normal" tablets either, though).

I didn't see any mention of it: The smart cover of iPad 2 fits without any problems.
I'll still check in the Apple store, whether there are any differences between the smart covers for iPad and iPad 3.

I've had 2 back shields for iPad 2. Surprisingly the back shields of iPad 2 don't fit for iPad 3.
I was a bit skeptical because of the slightly different depth.
But, to my surprise, the problem is in the height! Although Apple's comparison claims identical height and width. Maybe the different depth slightly changes the curved edges, so they don't fit anymore?
Anyway...no way to make them fit.
EDIT: With some force I could fit iPad 3 into the Marware Back Shield. It's a tight fit. But I figure, iPad 3 won't take any harm. In the worst case the shield breaks. But for now I simply want the back to have protection against scratches. Actually, I worry more about the back than about the screen..

So much for now...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0827.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	84012   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0831.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	236.1 KB
ID:	84013   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0832.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	268.6 KB
ID:	84014   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0836.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	84015   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0837.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	84016   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0839.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	267.8 KB
ID:	84017   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0841.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	400.7 KB
ID:	84018   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0850.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	311.7 KB
ID:	84019   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0854.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	310.9 KB
ID:	84020   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0857.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	349.7 KB
ID:	84021  

Last edited by mgmueller; 03-16-2012 at 10:30 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote