View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #21
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by negris123 View Post
The Kobo touch dictionary/highlighting options do not work on sideloaded books. I find this is a huge disadvantage. Unless you can do without those options.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...nary+highlight
Yes, I do remember seeing that and was surprised. It's been stated that we shouldn't buy devices based on possible updates to firmware. In my case I'm willing to anticipate such an update from Kobo, whereas I'm not hopeful that B&N will address the undisclosed ghosting and sync issues. I've read on the BN.com NOOKcolor forum that people have had this sync problem with the NOOKcolor as well. I wasn't using the NOOK Android app when I had the stock ROM in my NOOKcolor, so I can't confirm. It's unfortunate that I've become cynical with regard to B&N's updates. They often break things with their fixes (speaking of the NOOKcolor) and the updates include things people didn't request.

Last edited by SCION; 06-18-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: changed B&N forum to BN.com forum
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote