View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 09:12 AM   #24
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I see pretty big waitlists sometimes at MyMediaMall (Chicago Area Consortium). But they'll usually buy multiple copies when the lists get that big.

I'm like most in that to me this is yet another example of some of the big Publishers trying to solve their business model problems by whacking their readers over the head with huge clubs and then acting all mystified when the Readers react in anger.

Will it work? I don't know. We'll see. They shoved Agency Pricing down everybody's throats for the short-term. One year later I still don't expect that to last. Amazon has gotten even stronger over the past year. They did nothing to level the "retail playing field" which was supposedly one of their main goals.

I still see every single step they take like this as simply another way where Penguin, Hatchette, etc etc are simply opening the door to the comfy Market Share Condo Complex they live in and inviting smaller, hungrier, and more reader friendly Publishers to move on in and start eating the food from the refrigerators.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote