View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #78
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
What I am waiting for is Republic Wireless's new phones to come out which you will pay for up front and the get something like afv001 has, free calls, free text and unlimited data but for only $19 a month. I believe I will then trade in my $20 to $30 used "feature" phone and prepaid plan at 4 cent a minute.
That only works if you've got easy access to wi-fi. Besides, from memory, Republic Wireless uses Sprint and Sprint's signal is pretty much non-existent where I work. Since we don't have wi-fi at work, I won't even be able to fall back on the built in VoIP feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
You can do this now, and you don't even need an unlocked phone. I paid $350 for my iPhone 4s from eBay last September and put it on PagePlus standard plan, which now costs me $10 every 120 days. I mostly use my phone as a PDA, use WiFi instead of data, and only make a handful of calls and texts a month, but they have other plans for people who need more. You can also do the same and go on Talkforgood, which are a little more open about supporting iPhones. (It wasn't available when I did PagePlus.) I have several articles about it on my blog for anyone interested.
That iPhone 4S is probably used, though. I don't really trust used electronics unless it's manufacturer refurbished and backed with the same warranty as brand new. I believe StraightTalk and a few other MVNOs piggyback on AT&T's network. I'm actually a pretty heavy data user so those plans won't work for me. T-Mobile's $30 100 minutes + unlimited text + 5GB data prepaid plan is pretty ideal. Unfortunately, there's practically no T-Mobile signal where I work either.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote