View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #58
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Avoid Kobo, then, if that's your preferred method of weeding out the chaff - so many of their previews consist of the title pages, copyright notice, acknowledgements/dedications, and end at the TOCs. Might occasionally get forewords, if the book has any, but that's iffy. :/
I've seen plenty of books at Smashwords that have a preview that only includes the front matter. The preview is a set percentage of the book; if the real content doesn't start within that percentage, you don't get real content in the preview.

No content in preview = no purchase for me. If the author can't be bothered to let me flip through a few pages before buying, I can find other authors who are more accommodating.

So far, I don't do Kobo; last I'd heard, they don't indicate which books are DRM-free. (Or don't have any without DRM. I forget which.) I mostly buy from Smashwords, AllRomanceEbooks, and indie publisher sites.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote