View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 04:53 AM   #409
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriantc View Post
Hello everybody,

I have a small book library with a few books, some of them having large titles. I have noticed on one of them that reconverting it to mobi using Calibre and then trying to modify it in Mobi2Mobi result in the following error:

The title of course is a lot larger then the 32 characters, it is in fact 52 characters long. I have already posted it as a bug on Calibre, but I got the reply that it's not a Calibre issue, but a Mobi2Mobi one.
I know I could anytime use a smaller title, but it's just annoying to have such a limitation.
The weird thing is the same thing don't happen to other books with long names, just with one. Maybe you can help me figure this thing out...
Are you really using the Palm/PDB.pm file in the mobi2mobi distribution? I cannot find this error message in this file.

It is the reading of the file that fails so this is not a problem with mobi2mobi since mobi2mobi uses standard Perl modules (patched a bit).
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote