View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 02:29 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
os error (2) no such file or directory

posting this in devices subforum , as the symptom appears when using send to device.
but I suspect the root cause is not a device issue

had this one time in v7 am seeing it now in v8. - twice in the last few days

I connect my sony & then try to send a book via calibre. ( a book that was edited yesterday). Calibre gives me
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

log for failure:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 890, in dispatch_sync_event
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1092, in sync_to_device
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 441, in get_preferred_formats_from_ids
File "site-packages\calibre\ptempfile.py", line 60, in __init__
File "tempfile.py", line 293, in mkstemp
File "tempfile.py", line 228, in _mkstemp_inner

I then get it again ( see below) if I select view in calibre tool bar for that book ( though the book is there & is fine if I go via open path...
log for view failure:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\view.py", line 200, in view_book
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\view.py", line 270, in _view_books
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\view.py", line 238, in _view_calibre_books
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\view.py", line 104, in view_format_by_id
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\view.py", line 134, in _view_file
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\view.py", line 123, in _launch_viewer
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\jobs.py", line 227, in launch_gui_app
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\server.py", line 166, in run_job
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\server.py", line 121, in launch_worker
File "tempfile.py", line 293, in mkstemp
File "tempfile.py", line 228, in _mkstemp_inner

a complete exit + restart of calibre fixes it, so it's a calibre bug, not a sony bug. after a restart I can send/ view the problem book(s) OK.

so what is happening here. it seems that calibre "forgets" where the book is?

my only other clues : calibre is always left running except for updates, so is the PC, I just use sleep / wake. I have worked on that book in sigil sometime in last couple of days so sigil will have written a revised copy back into calibre library.

this was the case with the v7 error also - work on book in sigil ( from calibre i.e. my workflow is that open with editor option in calibre launches sigil. sigil save puts revised copy back into library. 99.9% of the times there is no issue.

one more clue - maybe between edit/save of book and the attempt to send to device, i have run ccleaner which will wipe temporary files. could be it wipes too aggressively ?

Last edited by cybmole; 05-11-2011 at 02:39 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote