View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 11:22 PM   #1
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Sony PRS-505 fast enough for skimming magazines? PRS-700 instead?

Free Calibre magazines and newspapers, wow, what a nice bonus. That narrows my choice to Sony Readers. But when watching Youtube reviews of the PRS-505 that showed seemingly slow page turns, I got concerned that the 505 wouldn't let me efficiently read those magazines, which often run 1,000 Reader pages or more. Is that true? Slow enough that it would be not be possible to quickly skim over articles in the magazine? Would the more powerful Sony PRS-700 be a better bet? I think I would have preferred the 505's clearer screen and lower price for my first foray into eBook readers, except for this quick-skimming issue.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote