Thread: Firmware Update Kindle DXi Bricked - Help Needed!
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasteresitas View Post
Yes, I did. Then the Kindle starts again with flashes and It keeps alternating from "your Kindle is starting up" and "Software update" screens with flashing in between, then "your kindle needs repair" screen appears.

When I connect it to a Pc, it doesnt enter USB mode unless I enter the recovery mode holding the home button. There I can see my books and all.
I can copy the former firmware, but how? It was 2.3.3 before I attempted to go for 2.5.

I think what I need is a kind of firmware or an update that will bring the Kindle to its factory defaults.

Any idea?
Hmmm, never had to use recovery mode.
But as long as you can see your books, you should be able to manipulate them.
First step probably would be to delete the "defective" firmware.
But before that: Where did you get it? Via Whispernet or some download?
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote