View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #1067
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
I would like to second (part of) a request made by Rockin in 2011:

Since 99% of the time I move forward in a book I would like to simplify that process for someone like me that holds it with either hand and actually switches frequently. I think the new feature for customized tap regions is an improvement but it didn't go far enough. I would like to see horizontal region options along with the vertical regions they have. Myself, I would like the top 1/3 for going backwards, the bottom 2/3 for going forward, the menu stuck in the bottom middle of the 2/3 section like it currently is for the two new vertical options.

I simply copied his text as it covers my need perfectly.

Another request would be to have a "Reading Now" button/link on the Home page for those cases when loading 5 books or more pushes the "Reading Now" book off that screen.
I know that I can go to "Library" then sort by Last Read but a button on the Home page would be a lot more convenient.

Finally (for now) the time display at the top of the screen when pressing the page numbers (while in reading mode) is great but it disappears in 1 second to be replaced by the "xx%" label.
Could the time either be displayed permanently or maybe left on for 3-4 seconds?
I realise that in more than a second the minute could have changed and thus the display may be inaccurate but I don't think anyone would mind if the label (un-refreshed) is a few seconds late.

Last edited by Corkobo; 11-08-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote