View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #255
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
A link to the first thing to grab (at least for its color picture) is the Freescale publication AN3996.pdf.
I was wrong, you don't have to sign for it, it is available to everyone:
http://cache.freescale.com/files/dsp...ote/AN3996.pdf

Yes, I know that doc pertains to the i.MX35 - but the internal (burnt into the silicon) code does not differ in its external behavior enough to matter on the other SoC parts.

One thing that does differ on the i.MX31 (DX, DXG) is that SoC has some "program once" internal ROM in addition to the burnt-in code ROM.
(and some of the early mask versions burnt-in code errors. Amazon doesn't use those early parts, so toss that into the trivia bin.)
This appnote could really be confusing for Kindle Touch (i.MX508) owner. Analogous information for i.MX50 is provided within Reference Manual (chapter 6: System Boot). For example, USB downloader protocol is completely different and also watchdog timer reset in USB Downloader mode isn't enabled by default on i.MX50 (I've just checked, USB downloader mode is persisted on KT for more than 32 seconds without reset).

Also note that i.MX3x is based on the ARM11 core (ARMv6 architecture), while i.MX5x is based on the newer Cortex-A8 core (ARMv7 architecture).
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote