View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #244
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
@ixtab, well, you're a pioneer, and I now know less than you (in empirical sense), but I can't stand the feeling that U-Boot actions are definitely messing the whole thing. Well, it could just reconfigure DDR clock (with other peripheral clocks, in bunch) in some internal initialization procedure and voila! all data will be lost.

But, again, this is not a confidence or supposition and not even wild guessing (I don't know U-Boot internals at all and don't know whether reconfiguring of DRAM clock is really done and/or will it really erase data). Just feeling.

BTW, I could've been wrong at pointing to DDR initialization code and it's calling point. There is following chunk of code in board/imx50_yoshi/flash_header.S :
Code:
#ifndef CONFIG_IRAM_BOOT
#if defined(CONFIG_LPDDR2)
  bl lpddr2_init
#elif defined(CONFIG_MDDR)
  bl mddr_init
#endif
#endif
Well, but at include/configs/imx50_yoshi.h there is #define CONFIG_IRAM_BOOT 1, so that chunk of code will not be compiled in case of simple (non-bist) U-Boot.

Then, there is
Code:
    {
  .id = "005",
  .name = "Whitney",
  .mem_type = MEMORY_TYPE_MDDR,
  .mem_size = (256 * 1024 * 1024),
    },
at include/asm-arm/arch-mx50/mx50_yoshi_board.h. And KT's internal name is Whitney.

So, it's needed to look after label mddr_init: in board/imx50_yoshi/ram_init.S (but not after lpddr2_init: ).

At last, I didn't found relevant CONFIG_MDDR or CONFIG_LPDDR2 defines in yoshi board configs. But at lib_arm/board.c there is mention of dram_init in init_sequence structure. And there is function dram_init at board/imx50_yoshi/imx50_yoshi.c, where MEMORY_TYPE_MDDR define is used (dram_init just calls mddr_init or lpddr2_init).

Last edited by eureka; 09-26-2012 at 06:15 PM.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote