View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #52
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
After playing around with the new two betas for the last few days I have to say I really really love it.
Especially the Clip manager and the Saved Searches.

I just wonder if it were possible to add shortcuts to some of the self defined ones, that would be great.

Do I see it right that when I go to the Saved Searches and mark a few of them at ones and then click on "apply" that all of them will be carried out one after the other? If yes, in which order?

I would like to see one more tiny improvement, although it might be that it is a) too dangerous and b) just important to me, but I have some points where I have to repeat a search and replace a few times. I don't mean just "replace all", but that those replace_alls create new instances of the same search pattern. I would like to see an option like "repeat until none found". Not sure if anyone else would like it, and like I said, this might be dangerous if you do something like search for "a" and replace it with "a" and create an infinite loop that way. Maybe "repeat until none found but at most x times"...
Both clips and saved searches have shortcuts

For clips, right click in Code View and you will see your hierarchy of entries to pick from and insert. Or leave the Clip Manager open to insert as needed (which works in the Find&Replace boxes as well - as does Special characters and Clipboard History).

For saved searches, right click on the Find or Replace text boxes and you'll see all your searches that you can select from to load the F&R boxes.

For both of them you can also use the keyboard shortcut to open them, type the first few letters of your entry and then hit return to use it - great if you don't want to hunt for something (you can always give unique starting letters and descriptive text for a name, e.g. "a1 Example Span", "a2 Note div")

And for groups - yep, you can put entries in groups to make them easier to manage. You can select the group name as kiwidude said or multi-select entries and run Replace All and they'll be run one after the other in order.

For a Replace All until done - we'll consider, but it might not make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The bulk renumber feature picked up a quirk.
the Number portion in the dialog is now being incremented. It used to remain as set (a Start value: eg Ch01)
Not a quirk - an intended feature. If you rename some files and then want to rename more, it picks up where you left off. For new books you can just reset it to the starting number. Easier to remember 1 then to look up the highest number.