View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #35
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
The problem is that this isn't just any store, it is a store that will sell whatever other people bring there ...
So it's a thrift store, or a second-hand dealer. No matter, I still buy at "Amazon", and have a contract with them, and no amount of small print is going to change that. I am certainly not required to check into the legality of their offerings; any legal problem is, well, their problem.

Quote:
... and it is a store that doesn't have the resources to check if every item has fallen off the truck or not
Believe it or not, that's really not my concern. If they want to accept certain goods unseen, that's fine with me. That way indemnifying and holding harmless their customers just becomes another business expense.

Quote:
... and there are known cases where it turned out that some of the sold items had had such a trucking accident.
Are we talking about physical goods here? I couldn't care less in this case. In my jurisdiction buying from a licensed commercial seller makes me the new owner, end of story. The previous owner, in case he should have been different from the seller, needs to take it up with the thief / seller, but not me as the buyer. "Acquisition in good faith" is a grand concept

Last edited by rogue_librarian; 06-21-2011 at 12:08 PM.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote