Thread: PRS-600 First impressions
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Hello chainring,

Up to know I have written tags with the Sony Reader Library that has a specific function to add a Collection. And it lets you edit them the way you like. Then I move a book there.

Next I will try to do it with Calibre, using my tags, and see if PRS recognizes Calibre's tags as collection. It should. I am pretty sure.

In the tags
I use numerals for subject that will not likely be changed, like utilities (I store there train time-tables, the PRS manual, factbooks, ...), news, scraps (things that I download before going home, lenghty emails from the administration ...).
I use letters for subject that I know might be rearranged. The reason is that with letters the sorting is authomatic. The numbers are listed first by default.

It's just a trick.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote