View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #44
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
@ixtab: Maybe you should read my post more carefully? To me the logic behind my question seems aparent: His Kindle DX currently runs Kindle Keyboards firmware, so instead of me taking time to study the whole Kindle 3.1 software for Kindle 2, 2i, & DX topic and/or PM @yifanlu to be able to make educated guess to the question "Does Kindle DX/Kindle 2 runing FW 3.x use 100% Kindle 3 files,or they use some mix of their original FW and new FW files?", instead I've chosen to ask 1 programmer (you) and 1 user who is already using both "moded DX" and this font size modification to make a better guess (for both of you have more knowledge on the subject) not to make any guaranty to me that it will work on Kinde Keyboard.

I may be a noob (to some extent) but I "know" that the same modification can be done by pulling those two .jar files from my Kindle Keyboard and pushing them back after edit.

But ok, here is another strategy? Is it possible (and is it enough ?) to do a checksum comparison for:
1) original files from DX,which I would ask @ihor to PM me
2) files pulled from my Kindle Keyboard

and if the checksum is the same >>> I can use pre-edited .jar files from provided .zip attachment ?
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote