View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 10:33 PM   #36
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamselene View Post
That's an encoding of a variable called “eulaVersionAccepted”. I can't test the OSX app right now, but if you tell me what the other value is that got added, I can tell you what the name of the variable is.
Here are the variables it writes to the .kindle-info file.

Code:
0Gb3bsZaZ4bOBS010B04ZMbNZ80a0Kb8:b80K0cZy0vBO0bBabRB5bm0MZu0pbr0S
0TB-ZJBABgbzb3ZgZPBKZP0vbs0gB4Zb:bK0B0hZOBHbYZNBtZDBablZYZKbUbk0U
BPBJbcbIZdZiZvZeZR04Bj0ibv0bB_Bj:ZI03ZxbMbtBp0-BaZfBsb7Bq0mZuBSbhZ3Bs09bg0_Z-0T0pbwZt05ZFBeZFZP0wB1BpbdZXBqZDbgbZBcbGbjbyBEZfZYbm0CB1ZI04ZLBQbmbfb70Lbt02ba0a08BsZxbjZiZLZTZI0VZRbb07ZhBy0bBib8bXb5ZDbZBRB4ZhbXBHZK0nbcBJbE0ABU0yBjZ9bRZyB0BG0S0q05B_bibjBFbQ0B08BV0cZQBD0NBqb6Z2BdBcbw0cbXBiZIZpByBAZnZIbhZgB3BV0lBA08bNBE0h0SbV
ZlBg0yZyB5ZBBEbkBXBLZZZH0GZabNBf:BXb50_BwbR0PZw02b1BuBHBEBVba0hBZBE0xBW0NZZB0Zu0Nbt0k0cbcbVB9bYBd
I don't think knowing what these values are is going to be much help. What we know is the calibre APNX files work on the Kindle. They work wtih Amazon provided ebooks. calibre APNX and Amazon APNX files do not work with calibre MOBI files.

We also know that Amazon controls the display of page numbers and won't display them until the Kindle for Mac app has communicated with Amazon first. So either Amazon is actively blocking page number from displaying with non-Amazon content. Or there is something that the Kindle for Mac app doesn't like with the calibre MOBI files that is preventing the feature form working.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote