View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 03:05 PM   #10
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith View Post
1. Sony does not care that (according to numerous polls) that 90% of Americans believe in God.
Maybe, maybe not. I don't know and you don't know it too. Btw. the Sony Corporation is a japanese company.

Quote:
They are clearly interested in promoting their own agenda, regardless of the fact that it may insult 90% of their customers.
No. The book was a bestseller in most of the countries where it was published. Most of the readers were obviously interested in the book. Sonys customers are "the readers", not "the americans".

Quote:
2. The choice of including this book demonstrates a policy that they agree with the content of the book, to the point that it should be promoted to every single person who purchases their ebook reader.
So all companies who are distributing Hitlers "Mein Kampf" do agree with its content? They are nazis? No.
All companies who are distributing McGraths "The Dawkins Delusion" (the "answer" to "The God Delusion") are religous and do agree to the content of McGraths book? No.
Sony offers some bestsellers on it's reader and yes, one of them is "The God Delusion" and it's content is highly atheistical. So what? Sony does not have to agree or to disagree with the content. Sony just thinks that enough readers are interested in the book.

I believe in god but i don't care about "The God Delusion" and i don't care if it's on the reader or not.