View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #47
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
@ meme

I am puzzled because I created many french epub with Sigil 0.7.2 containing a lot of non-breaking spaces (of course...) and I never lost one of them.

So I did some quick tests with Writer2xhtml (Win 7 64b and LMDE 64b) and compared the epubs with those produced by AWP (through wine in LMDE): the immediate difference is that Writer2xhtml uses a "xhtml" file extension (not a scoop, I know!) and AWP a "html" one for sections in the epub.

From these few tests my hypothesis is that the export with xhtml extension trigger the loss of non-breaking spaces, simply because there is no lost when using AWP.

Moreover, even if they are invisible, it seems that non-breaking spaces produced by Writer2xhtml and AOO are still active (test done with the PRS-T1).

@ Roger

Roger (or someone else) is it possible to "force" Writer2xhtml to use the "html" extension instead of xhtml to see if my guess is good enough? Indeed, if the files are renamed after export, breaking spaces remain invisible.
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote