View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #14
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
I am also still happy with my Sony readers, and will not likely abandon them soon. I went over to Sony from Nook for one overwhelming reason, organization and the ability to easily find what I want on the reader. Being able to tag books in Calibre and then have those tags become collections when I transfer the books is WONDERFUL!

I am a "whim" or "mood" reader, I read fast and like to have a lot of books on tap. But my memory just isn't going to be able to remember all titles or authors for a direct search.

That feature so far doesn't seem to exist in any other reader. Sadly for Sony, most folks are probably not such voracious readers as I am. I also re-read a lot.

Even so, my aging eyes really appreciate higher resolution, and the convenience of a built in light could be useful to me at bed time.

I think the T1 is a wonderful reader, and I'm sure the T2 is as well, but there are clearly a lot of folks who at least like the idea of the built in light if not the higher resolution and the subtleties of the Sony that make it a nice reader just don't stand out enough for the average buyer.

They botched it by not incorporating both higher resolution and a light.
I am with you in wanting lots of books on my reader and the wonderful calibre collection options.

I think Sony botched it whenthey did away with the alphabetical index on the side. I know how the slidebar works, but first you have to tap the slidebar area (often more than once) to get it to appear. Then you have to tap it or slide it or tap the arrows which seem to jump huge distances. Then when you finally get to the area you want and tap the collection, it makes the slidebar dissappear and you have to tap the collection again to open it. Whith the alphabetical lttters on the side, you tap the C at the top and you are in the front of the c section or tap in the middle etc. I

I am used to it now but when I use my 350 on the bus, I think how nice is that.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote