View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #71
Pollik
Pollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Search on the Kindle

I apologise because I am sure this must have been discussed, but I can't find it (probably too impatient).

I have the Kindle 3 (I think, leastways it was new 5 days ago). Using Calibre, I have sorted 3000 books into collections based on Dewey and accepted Literary Genres. Done all that, made a few mistakes on the way, but it good now.

The problem I have is the Search facility. I expect search to be slow, but I am finding it problematic in actually finding the search target.

For example, I search on "Adams" and after about 3 minutes it produces a single result. I have about a dozen books by Douglas Adams, most of which do not appear in the search. Is this par for the course? Are there any tips or tricks that might help?

What I feel at the moment is that I have an unreliable search that is also very slow...or, in other word, no use at all.

Polly
Pollik is offline   Reply With Quote