View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 06:13 AM   #48
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaders View Post
"They only last for about a year. after the first year either the battery or the display performance will drop."
If this is true then I will buy the cheapest model that I can get in the market.
My Sony PRS-500 still works. It is the oldest 6" e-ink reader available outside Japan.
So even after 6 years it is still usable. It saw about 3 years of intensive every-day use. The display is clearly inferior to the newest models, of e-ink screens, but it *is* three generations older.
I also have PocketBook 360° well over 3 years old and it is still in working condition. Recently a screen driver started to show signs of old age - it might fail in foreseeable future. I have used this reader every single day, I carry it *everywhere* (except to work, where I am supposed to work and not read fiction).
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote