View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #24
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I find the Spenser series to be better read in order as you watch the characters develop and the writing get better.
I read them in order now when filling in the blanks. (because I can)

My point was that they can be read in any order if the first is not available or affordable and that any Spenser novel should give you a good idea as to the rest.

You are more observant than I am in the character development area. Over the 37 years of the series the main characters did not change much IMO. Some minor characters changed a bit, and circumstances changed, but overall I don't see much in depth development.

Maybe that is something I love about Robert B. Parker, you pretty well know what you are going to get.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote