View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 12:35 AM   #55
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Well spotted I see my sideloaded Times New Roman has access to the Advanced options, as well. I never noticed that before

It looks as if Kobo allow built-in fonts old & new to have access to the Advanced button. I wonder if it's deliberate or a happy accident
I *think* it's based solely on the name of the font; not sure whether it's the external or internal. I took the Amasis font from 1.9.17, used Type Light 3.2 to rename it both internally and externally to Masis. The Glo correctly sees Masis as a font, but does not offer the Advanced Settings.

I suppose a fuller test would be to take Delima and repeat the experiment with that; making a new font called Elima.

** And YES... the new font named Elima is NOT adjustable; whereas the original 1.9.17 Delima IS.

Last edited by PeterT; 07-04-2013 at 12:39 AM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote