lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

Astak bought a huge 1200 square foot booth at CES in the Central Hall right next to the eBook Pavilion. Netronix is one of our factories and wanted to get a booth near the pavilion but there were none. They asked if they could utilize half of the Astak booth as a simple matter of economics.

Our other factory, Jinke, will also have a booth at CES... smaller but still very important! They also are near the eBook Pavilion and Astak.

Astak will have major news at CES and will display new devices. I would say Astak should be a "must" on any list! Books On Board will also be at our booth and will be handing out the best coupon offer they have ever had at the Astak booth. This is like 33% off any eBook you purchase with the coupon!
So, I guess I should wait a week or so before purchasing my first reader. I have been researching since November and the Astak 6" EZ Reader so far seems to lead in meeting my requirements.

Just so you know: I am an IT architect and try to get through at least two books every week. I travel a lot and am tired of lugging them in my briefcase.

Also, a lot of my work involves business process re-engineering and I create a lot of flow charts and save them as PDFs. Also, I create a lot of DOC files (MS Word), PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets.

What I would like is the ability to carry my documents and books on one device. A touch screen so I can take notes would be great but I can live without it.

Wireless would be great so I can log on to my home or office network and copy documents to my reader. Also, I subscribe a a number of RSS feeds on my iPhone; I would prefer to read them on a reader and sync them through wireless while I wait at the airport. Again, it would be great but I can live without the wireless.

I think what is important to me is the ability to handle a variety of document formats while also being able to read DRM and non-DRM books.

I decided on the Astak 6" EZ Reader because of the wide variety of file types it can handle. I was also considering the Mentor Lite but I don't think it handles as many formats. I may be wrong.

So, having read the above, can I get some recommendations? And, should I wait till CES is over before pulling the trigger?

I am afraid that CES will happen but the new stuff will not be released until the spring or summer. What do you guys think?
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote