View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 03:57 PM   #19
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
When I go to Radio Shack, I'm typically shopping in the back of the store. Radio shack used to be more of a DIY electronics store. It still has that aspect, but it's in the back of the store and not as prominent as it used to be. I'll go to Radio Shack if I need a connector or cables and don't want to make the trip to the big box store.
Even with RS's dwindled DIY focus, there isn't a big box store anywhere I know of in my area that has a FRACTION of the adapters, much less the switches and components, that RS still stocks.

If RS closed or stop carrying components, where on earth could I go at 8pm on a Friday to get a push-button switch and vibration motor to upgrade my metal detecting pinpointer?

Yes, I'm a geek.

BTW, I used to work at RS right around the time they started changing focus from radio and electronics gear to consumer products. It was sad.

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote