View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
jtdolphins
Zealot
jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipod touch, Kindle3
Keeping track of books and notes about books

Last year I did the 100 book challenge. I enjoyed it, but at times I felt like I wasn't reading for enjoyment.

My goal for this year is to take notes on the books I am reading or write a short review. I am thinking notes for the nonfiction and a short review for the fiction.

I can't figure out a good way to handle the notes part. I have a list in MacJournal with the books I read in a year, listing title, author and pages. I set up another Journal with the notes.

I have been using MacJournal for a long time. The mobil app sucks. I have no complaints about the desktop app.

Something about my system is bothering. I think it could be better. Not sure if its the program or organization.

Anyone have any suggestions for programs to look at.

I have looked at

Evernote - I like the program and used a lot when I worked. Tags and search work great. I don't like writing in it though, it works best as note taking. Its to busy, but the app works great. If I could upgrade get rid of the ads without a monthly payment then I would.

Google Docs - I want something that doesn't require and internet connection.

Pages and Word - I like how everything is contained inside MacJournal and evernote.
jtdolphins is offline   Reply With Quote