Thread: Glo Android on Glo
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #228
phj
phj began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo AuraHD
AuraHD android

Some experience and news regarding the HD:
The image produced by Marek works on auraHD with some flash surgery, namely you need to retain the original image uboot,serial#,HW_CONFIG,waveform,etc stuff located in the beginning of the flash and change just the kernel uImage. In this case (maybe with minor modifications in the *.rc files, not remember exactly) the image is running!!
The display is perfect , bootanimation and all the screen seems to be good in full resolution. The strange part is the IR touch: the coordinates are swapped in both x-y and x right-left direction. Yes, it can be easily modify and I'm already done ( Beware: the kernel must be from naberius.de, it contains all the resolution changes we need and MUST be compiled with specific 4.4.3 toolchain as I see ). After that the touch working good, transfer all the points within the resolution (1440x1080) - BUT the system ( maybe the android part) does not allow a point which coordinate greater than approx. 1024, Unfortunatelly this means that the lower part of the screen not touchable - for ex. we have an on-screen keyboard, but can't press a key except from the uppermost line.
I used (because the original u-boot) different flash layout than Marek's Kobo Glo img - 1st partition is the ext4 system, 2nd is the data/cache and third is the w95 one - and it seems that vold not recognize the sdcard partition; both in auto and direct number mode probed in vold.conf.
At the moment we also have no light button as I see, but the power slider works well.
So this means that we will have Android in auraHD - sooner or later.
Anybody can help me to step further solving the touch coordinate problem???

Last edited by phj; 12-30-2013 at 02:46 PM.
phj is offline   Reply With Quote