View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 07:38 PM   #247
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
I'm using Filebrowser to grab books from my PC and I'm pretty content with it. I can browse all of my PC's folders and use the 'Open With' command to bring a book into either Bluefire or iBooks (or any other reader that uses 'Open With'.

I can see two issues, neither of which is a big deal to me:
- You can't 'Open With' on a list of books, only one at a time. Filebrowser does let you select a list of files and copies them into its own filespace, so you can grab copies to take with you.

- If you use Calibre then you're not able to browse the titles of books, you'll see them the way Calibre renames and organizes them. Not an issue for me, as I don't use Calibre to organize my library for exactly that reason. I'm not dissing calibre, it's a fantastic application. I just strongly prefer to manage my own files. So this ends up not being an issue for me for Filebrowser use.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote