View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 11:01 AM   #9
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Thanks everyone.

First, I will probably call customer support. At the very least that way it gets logged as a problem and if it's not just a sprint service issue, they can start tracking it. However bad the customer service is on the phone, every service center at least has a tracking system so that if they get enough calls about something, they'll report it up the line to see fi there's a bug.

But my first line tech support is always the boards, and the reason is this; if it is something simple, these boards are much more likely to give me a quick response. And bringing it to the attention of more people also has an effect of bringing problems into the light. No matter what you call customer support about, they almost always treat you like you're the only person who has ever had this problem.. and it's probably your fault. I haven't actually tried Amazon's customer service so I can't speak from experience, but it doesn't seem like they're different than others from what I've read.

I will take this out and about today to see if that fixes the problem. I'm in Brooklyn and not really inclined to drive a couple of miles just to see if I can fix it, but I'm going out for a walk anyway and I can take my K2, I suppose. Of course, that means that I can't enjoy a nice cup of coffee and read the NYT in my jammies this Sunday morning the way I was hoping to..
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote