View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I think it's a good move, myself. *shrugs*

There's far too many online amateur "personalities" out there getting bent out of shape over some stupid online kerfuffle with an author (or some perceived injustice) in their comment sections (or the authors' blog comments section) who then muster their personal GoodReads army to go forth and trounce all of said authors books. Very "torches and pitchfork"-ey type stuff.

I'm all for anything that keeps reviews more "I liked this book because..." or "I dislike this book because the style..." rather than; "No one should read this book because this author was a big meany-head to my internet bff."

A line certainly needed to be drawn somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
If you can stick to reviewing the book and not the author you won't have a problem.
This. Absolutely.
Spoiler:
* hurries to rename his 'all-authors-that-i-think-are-cottonheaded-ninnymuggins' book shelf *

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-20-2013 at 08:14 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote